Wednesday 23 April 2014

23-04-14 Update log

So I've been working today. Adding the upgrade points for the player to interact with is a pain in the butt.

It is fast to do, no problem, but it fucking drains the braincells of all my will to live lol.
It's boring as fuck, and hard to come up with the descriptions they give of the area, without making them sound like wandering encyclopedias...

In any case. Today's stuff, and the stuff currently done with the upgrade system.

Content:

  • Added upgradepoint to:
    • (Today)
      • Castle entrance (Interior)
      • Great hall
      • Museum
      • Kitchen
      • Church
    • Older upgradeable's done
      • Servants Area
      • Garden
      • Castle entrance (Exterior)
I'm missing a good part of the castle, but because of the way this is done, even if it is relatively quick, I just can't do it for too long I'm afraid. Sorry. 

In any case, I'll probably do a bit more tonight and then again tomorrow. I hope to get close to finishing this stuff soon so I can get to the funny part, that is the quests. I so wanna get the next part of the main quest out, as it has been so fucking secret and crap ever since I started making the bloody game... xD

Crouler

7 comments:

  1. What are the chances the newest update will be released before May is half over (I wouldn't hold you to your answer though, as I know something unexpected could always happen that delays the release)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, it really depends on a lot of factors. I'm really bad at giving out dates, as I tend to overestimate the amount of time I'm able to put into the game. However, we are getting very close to the release, so a bug testing version might be out around then, maybe before, maybe after. I have no way of guaranteeing this though, as a lot of exams will start next month too.

      Delete
    2. No problem. I have the same problem with estimating time (and distance too) myself. Plus, as I said at first, I know there's always the possibility of something unexpected happening that causes delays. As long as you guys keep us updated and letting us know you're working on the game (which you've been doing a much better job of that than a lot of the groups working on RPG games like this, and I appreciate that), that's pretty much what I'm concerned about the most.

      Delete
  2. Just a lil question, in a percentage of 100% how much of the game is in everything that you guys have been working on? 15%, 20%? cuz as you said right now it's on Demo stage yet, more like an alpha version of it as far as my understanding go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say roughly 10% done. Funny you should ask, since Mugginns asked the same just 20 minutes ago xD

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. 3 guesses where I got the idea to ask

      Delete