Saturday 9 August 2014

Update log - 09-08-14

Long time no see! I have been a lazy ass, I admit, but I wish to tell you guys about what has been made (Not a whole lot) and of what will be focused on now and till the next release.

So basically, here's what I've done,
Content:
  • Added Elevated priest Lisanne to the game (Note: Elevated priest, position just before high priest)
    • Lisanne is the leader of the priests at the player castle. She will have many things to do. MANY!
  • Added Elevated Priest Rochelle to the game
    • Sleeping quests from VX are coming! :D
So, some of you may remember the sleeping quests from VX. Yeah, totally coming back. In any case, let's take things from an end here.

So, I previously said I'd be working on the party system, and I have done some things with this, but I've been going dead when doing so, as I find that I have been doing things which are very repetitive. Therefor, the party system has been pushed back and the 2 lovely ladies mentioned above have been put as the next stuff to make instead! Rejoice! For me anyway xD

So, what does this mean, and what will they do?

Well first of all, any castle related stuff, except for Lisanne will be pushed back to give me a breather to do what I want to do so I don't burn out any more than I already am. This is one of the reasons I haven't done a whole lot, so I apologize.

Secondly, it means that we will see the sleeping questline re-introduced and that we will have a lot of stuff for the priests of the castle, with each of these ladies. 

The sleeping quests, for those of you who didn't try them in VX, are quests where the divine is asked to help impregnate people on behalf of the church. 
These quests will be expanded from the only sleeping people of the VX version, to a more serious one in this one. 

The parents or lover of a target will hire or ask the church to help, and if the target is against it it will be while the target is sleeping, which will be the majority of the cases, however some times might simply be someone who wishes for a child.

The priests in the castle:

This is not only quests, but a system where you can reward priests and set up rules for them should you want to. I don't want to add too much info as of yet, but you can use your imagination and imagine how rewarding priests will work, or how ordering them to help you with something will work. :P

That's it for now! Again, sorry for being a lazy idiot! I hope to get more done in the near future now that I can do something entertaining rather than slavedriving myself with stuff I've been working on for months, or stuff similar to stuff I've been working on for the same amount of time. xD

Also, I really appreciate how loyal you guys are! Even though we haven't posted very often lately, our views on the blog didn't fall by more than a few percent, and that warms my old perverted heart!

Crouler

19 comments:

  1. I just tried to download the VX version you posted in April, and the links broken. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have reuploaded it and put it in the downloads section here :) Enjoy!

      Keep in mind that it is not being fixed, so bugs won't be fixed if any are found.
      The game has been moved entirely to the XP engine.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Such a cool project.
    We are all subject to the ebb and flow of motivation but persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update looking forward to seeing the revised sleeper quests, had been wondering if they'd make a return to the XP version. The elevated priests sound interesting as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are the Farm Girls added to the Castle of the Divine? If so, where do I find them? I looked all over the place...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crouler if you have time can you nerf the passive income? We gain alot of money really fast and there's nothing to spend it on. I've got almost 3 mil and I've already fully updated the castle. :\

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm... You know what? I have an idea as to how players could spend all that income. I'm not familiar with how any version of RPG Maker works, so this may not even be possible, but I think it would be a good idea. Crouler, if you like this idea please feel free to use it.

    Now as the Divine of the queendom of Emrionge you will find out early on that Emrionge is engaged in a war with the Zeathens of Zeilat. Now if you wanted to really get into the good graces of the women of Emrionge (for a variety of reasons that are up to the player character), then helping various people out, investing in businesses, charging low or no taxes that are only meant for your own personal gain rather than the good of all of Emrionge, and so on is a great start. I'm sure lots of people (not all, of course) will love you if you do all that good stuff.

    However... What if you could also donate massive sums of money (if you feel like you don't really need it) to Emrionge's military force to fund the war against the Zeathens? Think about it: If you donate enough money you could build a new fort or two, which would open up new characters and side-quests. Plus the soldiers of Emrionge would be able to have access to higher-quality weapons and armor, as well as better fort defenses which would mean fewer of your soldiers would die, meaning fewer devastated family members. The people of Emrionge would love you even more since you would be thinking so highly of their safety and security. Heck, you could even donate large sums of money to the Merchants Guild as well as to the farmers of Emrionge to further bolster the state of the queendom. That way your soldiers as well as the citizens of Emrionge would have more than enough to eat, and the economy of the game would be even stronger.

    There's a lot of other stuff you could do as well. Donate money to the slums district of Ceeves Ocean so that something like low-income housing could be built, which would also provide work for people in the slums who are looking for jobs, heck if you donated enough money to the slums you could even build a guard house as well as a church to help lower criminal activity.

    Another donation opportunity would be to donate large sums of money to the churches all across Emrionge, or even to the mayors of the various towns and cities of Emrionge to help with the upkeep of said locations. The money could be used to increase patrols to protect people from monsters, fix homes and local businesses whenever they need fixing-up, and so on.

    Again, I'm not sure if any of these ideas would be possible to implement into the game, but if you could I think it would be great. You could even do what the Divine Crikoff did, and invest in quite a few businesses and then neglect to collect your profits (it could be an option in-game, to either automatically collect profits or to just leave said profits with the businesses. This option could be changed at any time, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the message! I'll try to respond here, though it will be relatively short. It's late xD

      A fort system has already been planned back when Gegerlan was making maps, and the slums invest opportunities will come with the blunt Rique questline once implemented :) So no worries about those two.

      About donating to the chuch, to keep it lore friendly, it will likely go the other way.

      The main reason the player is ending up with so many money is simply poor tweaking. I thought it would be a much lower amount when I made the income system, but was I proven wrong, huh? :P So, to round this of with some info and such:

      The investments into the slums is coming with the blunt rique questline from back in the VX engine, and the fort system will come* once I get time to implement it. :)

      Crouler

      *The Fort system will work as this: The player can invest in any "wild" area, and have a fort built. This fort will then have soldiers going around the area (and add a fort obviously) which will make the enemies in the area less frequent, though it will add special events instead.

      Delete
    2. I just said "so many money" and I feel bad about it xD Sorry, but I can't edit the post, so here's a correction :P

      So much money* xD

      Delete
    3. Are you open to suggestions and ideas in regards to the game? It does sound like you already had some of the things I listed (donating money to the military and slums, ect) already planned out, but if I came up with other ideas would you be interested? I wouldn't be able to add them to the game, but I could just leave them in the comments section of the most recent post just in case there's anything usable.

      P.S, I know you mentioned that you're going to be putting work on the Party Hosting mechanic aside for a while, but I did have a question about it. Will the party system be scripted, in which case each party is an individual event that will need to be added to the game one at a time, or is it the kind of event where you can host as many parties as you want with the possibility of new things (dancing with a certain noble or the Queen/Princess, bathing with someone important, ect) being added over time? Hold on, maybe I didn't phrase that question clearly. Basically, when the Party Hosting mechanic is finished and added to the game when it's ready, will you be able to host as many parties as you want off of said update, or will it act as a one-time deal, and we'll have to wait until another party is added to the game?

      Delete
  8. How do you transfer the save you had on the previous version ? I had some save and they don't appear with that version of the game .

    ReplyDelete
  9. This link is a picture to help explain;
    http://gyazo.com/ef2a1a4cfea88c1be11a11f3597d8aeb
    Drag the save files from the older version of the game(folder on the left) and drop them into the newer version of the game(folder on the right)
    If you already have saves in the new version then back them up. Moving saves from an older version of a game to a newer one tends to work most of the time,however sometimes there are problems like glitches, frozen games, or just not opening the save. It depends on what changes where made between the two versions,so the colser to the new one the better.
    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had done that at first but the save didn't work , I renamed them from save1.Rv to save.rx and now they appear but when I try to access the loading scree this go on :"script"sdk2.2"line 2086:ArgumentError occured. undefined class/module rpg::bgm"

      Delete
    2. I think I know what went wrong. The folder with the .rvdata saves are from the old discontinued version of the game. Crouler moved the game over to RPGXP quite a while ago(more than a year ago I think).
      rvdata saves open with VX
      rvdata2 saves open with VXAce
      And xpdata saves open with XP
      Even if you change the file extension they'll never work,XV and XP are two separate engines and encode their saves differently.Sorry,but you'll have to start a new game.

      Delete
    3. Well I wasn't that far into the game to begin with so this isn't that much of a problem . Thanks all the same

      Delete
  10. updates are getting rarer and rarer :(

    ReplyDelete