Friday 7 November 2014

Issues to deal with

So, I think I have found the issue at hand...

Basically, whenever I ask the game to "wait until XXXXX has happened" the game crashes...

Now, this means that there will be a fuckton of issues to fix and lots of doors that will now have to be redone. I still suspect that the script is what is causing this, but atleast I think I know how it does it now, and with that I can start fixing it.

But this also means it is a huge amount of work. I ask you guys to tell me whenever you find anything that makes the game "stop" or maybe better placed, freezes the player. As the game seems to be running, but the player remains immobile. I'll begin fixing these issues now, but I'm afraid this will be a long process. The game has thousands of small events that I've made using some commands that seem to be crashing the game now, and I'll likely not find them all right away.

So, please keep reporting places where the player freeze happens, and I will do my best to post periodical patches to fix this new bullshit problem lol.

Crouler

9 comments:

  1. out of curiosity, does capturing the slimes DO anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i tried going back to the castle, but i dont see anything different?

      Delete
    2. Nothing so far, but in the end you will be able to build an area in the gardens for them.

      Delete
  2. Oh that's a pity, really!

    The only crashing doors I found at the moment are the Castle's ones, I can't go further on because I'm stuck in that city, another two events which freeze the game are: talking to Cam (but as I red you've already fixed that) and learning the water ability from Lej Vhakh.

    Hope you'll keep going with the awesome job you're doing, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when cam is fixed in a patch ill hunt down the next one. I'm very methodical in my play style and not being able to do her quest would just mess with my head. if it wasn't the first town id say ok and try something else but shes one of the basic quest givers and trains you in a variety of skills. a physical combat focused character would be skill free until shes fixed.

    --the omega pheonix--

    ReplyDelete
  4. got rpgmxp my self and had a look at the crashes (events and scripts)
    the crash (unable to move blablabla) could be caused by Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System script (the only new script at v7.3)
    but unfortunately i'm not good at ruby scripting so it's just a guess
    and good luck with fixing this, honestly (it's always frustrating to have crashes and being unable to solve these issues (speaking from my own experience))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crouler's already noticed that it's the anti-lag script, but he's also said that he's not going to take it out since if he did, the game would be severely laggy.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply stranger! As gg533 said I suspect it is the anti lag script, but taking it out will make some areas so laggy that the game will be unplayable. I can however fix the instances so that is what I will do. It is just some specific ways of making events which will cause these things, and I will just change these events to a working formula.

      It will take a while but I'll do my best to make this work!

      Delete
  5. erm don't know if anyone has reported it, hasn't been working for 7.2.1 (I think), but when you try the first court session the second person doesn't come up and then it gets stuck, haven't tried the latest one so yea

    ReplyDelete